Saturday 6 November 2010

Mud, Blood and Carnage Impending!

Hey all!
Phew! The week is finally over! At last, two days to slow down and catch up with everything without the fear of more work being heaped on on top of you! Sleep in on Sunday morning! Actually being able to have a social life! Wearing your own clothes!

Not for me though.

Today, at 4:00pm, I am going to be down at the Boys' School, shoving necessary pieces of kit into a bag, eating until my stomach bursts, flinging my bag into a bus and staring out the window as we drive off towards Dartmoor for our first Field Day as Veterans. Our officers will be sleeping in a barn - complete with hot water, toilets and a kitchen, while my company and I will be sleeping outside, protected from the elements by nothing but a sleeping bag and a poncho. These ponchos are also more than likely to fall down on top of us at some stage in the night. We won't be having ration packs (hallelujah!) but apparently we'll be eating "fresh rations" .... I believe this may constituite the hunting of some variety of fluffy woodland animal. I will return on Monday evening exhausted, smelly, coated in god-knows-what and most likely in some sort of pain.

I think I'm going to have the time of my life. I'm so excited! :D
I'll be sure to post up and tell you all about it as soon as I can once I get back!

Now, some last minute novelling is in order before I start getting ready.... let's do this thing!
-Spook

No comments:

Post a Comment