Saturday 23 March 2013

Collaborating with Dickens. And Shakespeare ... and Poe ...

. . . And a bunch of other authors whose names were too long for the title. And a couple more that I can't spell.


No, that's not what it's actually called . . . that's just what I saved the link as in my browser folder.

As the title suggests, though, it's a demo whereby you type, and as you go along the celebrated deceased persons edit your work. The hilarity that ensues is pretty magnificent. Go and try it out! It makes a wonderful pick-me-up.

Speaking as someone who has not slept well for nearly a week, is heading into the deep and dark recesses of Revision, and is currently attempting to get through life with a semi-dislocated jaw, I like to think I'm allowed to have some meaningful input on the matter of Things That Cheer People Up.

That aside, I think I shall take the opportunity to make all of you lovely people aware that, at long last, it is coming toward the holidays again - though, due to revision for my Very Important Exams (the last set I will ever sit, this being my last year of school and all that) my activity might be slightly sporadic. 

On the other hand, I've had the most amazing idea-dump ever recently, so hopefully there will be plenty more useful and vaguely entertaining posts to come along with it. As ever, though, feel free to leave me a comment suggesting something you'd like to see in particular!

Have a good weekend, my friends.  If you need me, I'll be working out how to orchestrate an alternative to chewing.

~ Charley R

8 comments:

  1. My sister's way ahead of you-- liquid nutrients injected intravenously. Gotta love needles.

    I love that Google thing. Unfortunately, it doesn't really make sense a lot of the time... but seeing "and" and "you" replaced with "as well as" and "thou" is pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a slightly better alternative than the Head Phil's (my suggestion isn't as painful and won't damage your liver). A straw. Of course, this doesn't work so well with bread and jam, cookies, or meatloaf.
      How did you dislocate it, poor thing? And I hope you're going to see someone about it. I am certain the straw will not work for a steak. It probably won't even work for pudding. Of course, you could also put your dinner into a blender and then go with the straw.

      I'll have to try the Google thing later. :)

      ~Robyn Hoode

      Delete
    2. Haha, thank you both for your sympathies - my jaw apparently decided it had had enough of my whining ad returned (mostly) to its proper place last night. While I'm still a little off kilter, it's no longer sore and I can eat properly again. Big relief.

      And Liam - yeah, a lot of them aren't great . . .but try typing in the authors' names. Dickens and Dickinson get into a proper row about it, and Shakespeare and Poe start doing rude things to each others' names too.

      Delete
    3. Oh, good. I doubt a cheeseburger blended would be very good. :)

      ~Robyn Hoode

      Delete
    4. Oh! I read both parts of Return of the Dark Lady, last night. I enjoyed it immensely! And the ending was wonderful.

      ~RH

      Delete
    5. Ehehehe, I'm so glad! I had an awful lot of fun writing those. Great catharsis when all other writing seems to hard, heh heh!

      As for blended cheeseburgers . . . blegh!

      Delete
  2. I watched Liam/Quirk's little document thingy the other day. Oh my, how I laughed. Especially the "Google was --(Dickinson interrupted here)--not how I just described it"! That just made me laugh and laugh.

    And yes, I typed in "Poe" during one of those tries of mine and found that Poe is apparently: "Edgar the ever tormented and woeful soul; Poe." Upon reading this, Mr. Poe found it appropriate to use and emoticon: ":("

    Hilarious, indeed. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Poe is great fun! One of my favourites, after Nietsche, who just throws in random existential questions about horses whenever he gets the chance. Well, that's what he does to me, sometimes, if Shakespeare doesn't beat him to it.

      Glad you're having fun with it!

      Delete