Friday 29 July 2011

Guess Who's Back?

No, not Shady, it's meeeee!

Anywho, to cut out the blather, France was fabulous. Wonderful old medieval towns to roam about, castles to explore, smelly cheese and tasty bread to devour, locals to terrorise ... what more could you want? Highlights have to be Dinan and Carcassonne - aka, the most gorgeous, amazing, heart-stealing walled city in the world. Seriously, I stood on the bridge and thought I'd walked into a fairytale kingdom. Here are some pictures from the internet to show you what I mean - I'd show you the ones we took, but my laptop still denies the existance of every camera in existence:




Unfortunately, I can't find any inside the city walls but, as you can see from the middle picture, the views from the walls on a clear day are utterly spectacular. The fortress is incredible too, and the parapets and ...
Yeah, I'm pretty infatuated with this place.

In other news, I've unexpectedly come across a new project. My main story - which still has no name - has been somewhat usurped by a little anthology, similar to Option One in the post, but nowhere near as long, and only following one family (if you can call them that ...) of my myst-hakel fantasy race. I may post some extracts up here when I get it all sorted out, so keep your eyes peeled for that later on :)

In the meantime, said anthology is calling my name, and I think I'd best go and give it some love. See you guys later!

- Spook

P.S. Can anyone explain why my WordPress.com blog has been suspended? I can't get hold of the WordPress team to work it out, so if you guys could help me out I would be eternally grateful!

4 comments:

  1. Because it doesn't like you? I don't know, I'll see if I can read it...

    Yup, it's appearing. So don't know what's up with that.

    As for new projects, I know how you feel! Was meant to be working on my historical novel, Pointed, about the ballet dancer in communist Russia ... instead? "Returning" is calling to me - the sequel to "Destroying" which is, um, the sequel to "Watching". Yup, I'm on the third of three, having only just finished the first draft of the second one.

    Which reminds me, did you want to read it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it appears, but it won't let me post or anything *pouts* Bad Wordpress.

    Woohoo! Trilogies FTW! I know how you feel - they want your attention and they want it NOW!

    As for "do I want to read it?" ... Take a wild guess ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, pretty :P shame that your computer doesn't like cameras (wtf?) Would've been cool to see your actual pictures. Glad you had a good time though! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, oh I wish it did. But my laptop is a dummy, so *shrug*

    Had a brilliant time, thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete