Charley, why did you distract yourself by reading a book instead?
Charley . . . what are you doing with that rolling pin?
Apologies. I should have known downloading a Conscience was a bad idea.
Yes, yes, I know, I broke my rule about doing blog awards. But how could I not follow up on the precedent of Miriam Joy, who passed the award on to me?
Besides. I like quizzes with questions that go beyond my favourite colour and least favourite brand of South American fizzy drink.
1. If you could relive the experience of reading one book for the first time, which book would it be?
Probably "Inkheart", by Cornelia Funke. I've read the story in so many wonderful locations, but the earliest I can remember was when I was on a skiing trip in Bavaria. Being pulled in by such a wonderful story (it's still one of my favourite books to this day) in such a wonderful place means "Inkheart" carries so many wonderful memories. I'd love to revisit the moment when they began.
2. What’s on your to-read list?
Haha, oh this question is terrible! Even cutting out the books I need to read for academic study, there are hundreds of books on my "I really really really really want to read this!" list, not to mention a million more I want to re-read because it's been such an age since I last read them.
3. How did you discover the internet? (By which I mean as more than just an information source–as a place to ‘be’.)
Probably by stumbling across sites by accident when I was wandering laconically through cyberspace, attempting to escape the tauper of my Facebook page. This happens far more than you'd think.
4. What colour is your quilt/duvet cover?
Which one - I have three! Presently, my duvet is white, with multicoloured spots. When this one goes in the wash, I have one that is stripey green, white and blue. At home, I have one with multicoloured flowers. Do. Not. Ask.
5. You have the choice between shaving your head or having your eyebrows waxed off. Which are you going to go for?
Shave my head, without a second thought. I tried waxing my legs once . . . I will never wax anything ever, ever again.
6. Someone has asked you to make a choice and you’ve been dreading that question for months. What is it?
"Which university are you going to put for your first and second choice on UCAS?"
Anyone who knows anything about UCAS will know my pain.
7. Write three sentences prompted by any objects you can see to your left. Bonus points if it’s funny.
Would you think I'm mad if I told you I've only just realised that I have three brands of mouthwash on the shelf? I bought them each one by one to try out, and experienced such serious discomfort that each time I was determined never to put the stuff in my mouth again.
I think we all know how this is going to end.
8. Story time! I know all three of you use Tumblr, as I’ve seen you there myself. Tell us about anything you’ve found in a tag that has surprised you, whether in a bad way or a good way or a ‘what the hell was that’ way. But let’s stay away from graphic descriptions; we all know that Tumblr can be a little NSFW sometimes.
A Tumblr tag that confused the heck out of me? Alright. Two words.
9. What is the best present you have received in the last six months? Who was it from?
. . . And only a month since Christmas. How could you do this to meeeeeeee?
Well, going purely on the spur of the moment, I think it's a three-way tie between my new headphones (which are amazing and sound-proof and comfy and make me look really cool), my copy of "The Silmarillion" (which I have been wanting since I re-read the book all those years ago) and an enormous jar of jelly beans. The proper ones. They are practically my very own Silmarils.
To all who understand that analogy . . . you know exactly what will happen if you attempt to steal any from me.
10. Give us one sentence that sums up your current state of mind. It can be a quote, a motto, or you can make something up. It doesn’t have to be in English if it’s a quote, but translations recommended
"Where there is darkness, let me bring your light,
And where there's sadness, ever joy."
As mentioned in my previous post, I've been doing a lot of cuddling and comforting. Because, let's be honest, I'm not that good for much else - I feel like I ought to make an effort to bring some smiles to people.
Right, enoug philosophising - time for some om-nom-nominations!
1 - Nevillegirl, from Musings from Neville's Navel. Because she is awesome and I think she'd enjoy this.
2 - Cait and Mime, from The Notebook Sisters. I suspect they've done one of these before, but I feel like giving it to them again.
3 - Pure Grace, from My Unicorn Has Wings. Because I'm pretty sure she'll have some wicked answers.
Anyone else, of course, who fancies giving it a go, feel free! Who am I to inhibit the spread of bloggy funtimes?
Now, time for my questions:
1) As a child, what was your biggest fear? How did you overcome it, or does it still haunt you?
2) What is the first thing that springs to mind when I say "potato"?
3) Take a trip to Australia, or win a million pounds?
4) What was the first book that made you cry?
5) What is your opinion on pigeons?
6) Would YOU trust anyone who told you that you were destined to go on a great quest and save the world from destruction?
7) If you're leaving home for a long period, what is the one item you ALWAYS take with you?
8) Have you ever made a wish on a shooting star? What for? (Or, what would you wish for, should you spot one?)
9) Name the first character you ever considered your favourite in a book, film, or TV series.
10) Tell us a question you asked that you wished you'd never learned the answer to, but not the answer you received.
And a bonus one: What is the purpose of a rubber duck?
And there I shall leave it - BIG thank yous to those who read, and apologies - I'll endeavour to get back to proper posting very soon!
Have a good weekend, all!
~ Charley R