Thursday 1 November 2012

Enter the Circus! - NaNoWriMo Update, Day One

NaNoWriMo started today. I meant to get up a little earlier than usual to do some writing, but sleep was far too comfortable, and thus I only got started this evening - spent the rest of the day reading a book on literary criticism techniques (not as bad as I feared), editing my extended essay (every bit as bad as I feared) and going for a lovely long wet bicycle ride with the family.

Here's where I stand as of this moment:

Pages: 6
Wordcount: 2,744
Plot progression: Still in the early stages, but heading in the right direction.

I don't really have a plot - just a few major events that may or may not happen in any given combination, depending on where the story goes.

I tried to plan this novel once. It didn't work.

Oh, and I've almost killed my narrator twice thus far. He's currently got a sprained wrist, a seriously bruised jaw, and a rather nasty grounding in the reality of the city.

Sorry Deladier. It's all downhill from here.

~ Charley R

8 comments:

  1. Awe poor little Laddie *hugs* and Ryan sends his tackle hugs as well - boy does that boy get around... And dang if Lori isn't wishing he'd come visit her *eyroll*

    And over 2,000 already? geash... Oh well I have soem time tonight before I try to get some sleep so I can get the groove on again tomorrow. :}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahehehe, you're ahead of me! Then again, Miriam's over 11k already. how that girl does it . . .

      Deladier says thanks for the hugs . . . or he would if he could move his jaw xD

      Delete
  2. Ooo, two-near deaths in only 6 pages?! Wow. I have GOT to read this book one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Deladier. Recover quickly before she can do anything else to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too late - heading down into the cellar to investigate something creepy. MWUA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

      Delete
    2. RUN, DELADIER!!! SHE'S BEHIND YOU!!!

      Delete
    3. Ehehehe, don't give him ideas. He'll just trip over and hurt himself. And only I'm allowed to do that.

      Delete